Monday, December 31, 2012

So this is the new year and I have no resolutions for self-assigned penance, for problems with easy solutions

This is going to be my year... the greatest year yet!


They say that what you are doing at midnight on New Years is supposed to predict how your year will be.  If that's the case, then I'll be spending a lot of time by myself, working on my smashbook, in my PJ's, watching Netflix, and getting in touch with myself.  And I'm okay with that.

Don't get me wrong.... I wanted to go out.  I wanted to have fun, meet people, and enjoy bringing in the new year... but life has another plan for me. 

It turns out that he was going to be at the same party that I wanted to go to... and rather than having to deal with that, and my first new year being single in three years, I decided to stay home.  And I am glad I made that decision.

It has come to my attention over the last year that I spend a lot of time talking... about things I want to do, amazing advice and ideas I have, and other random bullshit that I hope will bring people some sort of hope... some sort of inspiration.



But I never do those things.  I keep saying that I'm going to work out (yeah right).  I keep saying that I'm going to do a random act of kindness each day (sure).  I keep saying that I'm going to stop caring what others think or do (yep).  And I keep saying that I'm going to get rid of the negativity in my life (ha).

Well, if there's one thing this past year has taught me... there's no time like the present.  2013 -- you're my year.  I am going to fulfill all those promises to myself starting at midnight!  It will suck, I'm sure, for the first few days.  But hey, it takes 28 days to form a habit, right? 

I bought a 365 smashbook.  I am going to document each week of my awesome year in that thing.  Hopefully that will help me to keep track of my progress.

With that being said... I only have like 2.5 hours until midnight, and I still have a lot of things to do before then.  To my overseas followers, Happy New Year!  I hope that your new years were everything you hoped they would be, and I wish you many joys and pleasures in the coming years.  To my east coast friends, happy new years in 30 minutes.  To my Midwest friends, to you in 1.5 hours.  To my mountain friends, to you in 2.5 hours (YEAH!), and to my west coast friends, see you in the new year in 3.5 hours.  Happy new year everyone, everywhere.  May your dreams come true this year.  I will be holding out hope in my heart that this will be the best year yet!

Until the new year
-- R.

2 comments:

  1. Rachel
    You follow Safe World for Women on Pinterest and I am one of the Safe World team who looks after the account.
    Occasionally I like to check out who people are who repin us - and I came across your blog.

    Just wanted to say that your writing is really good and it's courageous of you to just speak your truth in public.

    I read many many things each day and mostly don't stop for more than a few seconds. After reading the latest two blogs I went right back to your first one's because I wanted to know the story from the beginning!

    Take care

    www.asafeworldforwomen.org
    www.safeworldcommunity.net
    https://twitter.com/safeworld4women

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew,

      Thank you so much for your kind words. They brought some motivation for me to continue my writing!

      Delete