Monday, April 15, 2013

I will be strong, I'll stand by you.

My heart sank.  The terrorist attacks of 9/11 replayed in my head.  And my heart immediately went to all those I personally know in the military....

Boston.  My prayers are with you.  My heart bleeds for the families still trying to find their loved ones, those who were injured, those that were murdered, and those who still survive.  I could never begin to imagine the pain and suffering you are going through.  But please know that there are people standing by you, willing to help pick you up, and give you strength.

It's moments like this that you realize what truly matters in life.  It's not about the money, it's not about the fame.  It's about the human connection.  We, as a world, are all connected, and when something as tragic as the events today happens, we come together.  Connected by a single thread that makes us human. 

It's important to stress, however, that being in an industrial country makes us blind to the atrocities throughout the world.  Every day, people throughout the world are experiencing exactly what we did today.  Or worse.  Every day, families are torn apart, people are murdered, lose body parts, fear for their lives and the lives of others.  We are truly blessed to not experience that.  Children are kidnapped and trained to be soldiers, or sold into the trafficking underground.  Entire neighborhoods are turned into ghettos. 

We need to realize that we are all intertwined, that we are all connected to one another.  We need to begin to extend our hands to those in need.  We need to start acting like we belong to the world. 

With that being said, I am offering up my help to those who need it.  I will do whatever I can to help those in need.  Those affected by the attacks today, I welcome you to seek help... if not from me, from someone else.  You are not in this alone. 

"Each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." -- Mitch Albom

Blessings to you and yours.
-R.

No comments:

Post a Comment